Molting: A fresh Start

Para leer esta entrada en español, clic acá.

Carta a Poste Restante by Jaime Roos on Grooveshark

Over the last month and a half I haven't published anything. It's not that nothing particularly interesting happened to me. A lot happened to my over the past months! But I often found myself trying to write it down and been limited by the structure that I personally assigned to this space (on top of my still limited english). I tried to change it last august, perhaps the change was incomplete. Well, here I am, ready to review that.

This used to be "El taller de libros" (the book workshop), fully dedicated to my experience on bookbinding. While I still have a true passion for it, my sense of wonder brought me to Canada about two years ago and lots of things changed. Rather than a leap, moving and constantly transforming myself seems to be my modus operandi. Perhaps a way to encourage myself to learn.

Reflective and sensitive, I am definitely not a fast thinking guy. Nor brilliant, or gifted. Although a good person (yes, I think I am a good person), I ain't those immediately friendly people. Quite the opposite sometimes. I Don't want to be important, but I do give importance to the things I do. And to the people I have with me. I talk a lot sometimes.

Over the last 10 years I...
....studied political science at the University, became a booklover and apprenticed at the bookbinder craft, tried to be an amateur traveller, a "sailing boy" (even coach for a short period of time), construction worker (probably the worst worker) and more recently working at the surprisingly complex and emotional restaurant/hospitality field.

That's why it's time to loosen up. I can´t hold everything in a palm. But I could try, and since no one is here to stay, let this be just a logbook of my own experience. Lots of people and ghosts are with me, but this is a personal story. Don't get mad at me if I don't mention you in this irrelevant lapsus of selfishness.

Thanks for reading with patience!

Gonzalo

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lecturas: The Stranger, a graphic novel by Jacques Ferrandez based on Camus' Classic

Cabezadas bordadas.

Restauración y conservación de Libros. Una introducción